Friday 22 April 2016

A Little Bit Further

My computer

If you're wondering why I wasn't posting anything or haven't been making any progress on the printer lately, it's because my computer was broken. In fact, after we fixed it, all of the files were gone. Thankfully all of my 3D printer files and work was all recoverable from the internet as well as backed up on multiple computers so I don't have to redo the entire bill of materials. Speaking of which, I've managed to finish the rest of the bill of materials for the extruder. The revised copy can be found here. The new section is located at the bottom under the Wade's Extruder tab at the bottom. All that's left to do now is order in the parts. I'd like to say thank you to A.R.R. Mechanical Services for making me a piece of M8 by 20mm piece of rod that was nearly impossible to find. They have been a tremendous help in part sourcing as well. You can find a link to their Facebook page here. Thanks Andy.



Aside from the progress on the BOM, I'm happy to have my computer back up and running which means that hopefully this weekend we can sit down and order some parts, build, and make some progress. I've finally found a provider for the correct kinds of belts that we need, which is exciting. We're falling a bit behind due to design changes and technological issues, but we'll keep working until we finish it.


In other good news, I should be able to write blog posts fairly regularly again now that my computer is fixed. I think that's about it for now, however. I'll be sure to put out an update if anything exciting happens. Thanks to everyone else for continue to reading about my progress and continuing to through the recent technical difficulties. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please post them in the comment section below. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment